Topic: Tripod Tricks & Tips
Do you currently have videos on your website? Did you know that there is more than one way on Tripod for you to add videos? According to an article written by Mashable.com, videos are amazing tools for small businesses to add to their sites to boost their viewership and increase sharing.
A brief summary of http://mashable.com/2011/06/02/web-video-business/: "8 Reasons Every Ecommerce Site Should Get Serious About Video"
- SEO, SEO, SEO. You've all thought about it and maybe have even tried your hand in it, but did you realize that videos can help boost your SEO? Videos have a 50% better chance of grabbing that first page result than a text site.
- Syndication isn't just for episodes of Seinfeld - Your videos can be easily syndicated across many websites, one of which being YouTube, which ups your views and can link back to your website.
- Learn to share. People are more likely to share videos than text-based websites.
- Familiarity. Visitors find familiarity in videos, no matter what type of site they come to. Instead of struggling to find information on a page, a video is a one-click stop for them to find out what they need to know.
- Make your product shine. Videos can convert shoppers into believers by demoing a product and convincing them that it's easy to use or perfect for what they want.
- Connect and make bonds. Videos increase customer loyalty and allow for personalized videos to stand out from the competition.
- Virtually personable. While in-store customers are used to getting hints and suggestions by clerks, videos allow for the same personal touch by recording video tips.
- It's CHEAP! Most computers come with webcams, heck, even our phones can record video. Video production costs are decreasing so the ROI is increasing for creating videos for your site.
So how do you utilize videos on your Tripod site? If you have a YouTube account, you can easily embed your YouTube videos with the YouTube add-on. Just simply drag the add-on to wherever you want it on your page, and instant video! Want another option? Use the media manager to upload videos. You can drag & drop the videos out of the manager. Delete them off of your site whenever you want, and they'll stay in your manager until you trash them for good - a great way to keep all of your media items in one place.